Friday, August 9, 2013

Emmry's language

She refers to herself as 'me' most of the time. And I'm not quite sure why she uses "a (uh)" when she talks?! Interesting.
 "Wait a me"
 "Me do it"
 "Up a me"
 "I said NO!" (and she always says it in a firm tone)
"A mommy sleep a me"
 "A me room"
"A mommy sleep a me room"
 When she wants to watch cartoons, she would sing the theme song of the cartoon she wants to watch. She still calls Tage 'bye' even when you try and correct her. She knows he's Tage, she just likes to call him "bye'.
 She refers to:
Sunglasses as her eyes
Dogs are woofs
Horses are meighs (yes, with an 'm')
The park or slide as wheeeeeeeeee
Fruit Loops as poo poos (Even when I ask her to say FFFRRRooTT LLLooPPs, she won't even try to sound it out and just say, NO! poo poos! Ahhh. That's a horrible name for cereal.)
 It sounds like she says ship when saying sheep
Her counting extent is 2, 3, 6 (repeated over and over) but she knows that she is 2 and Trey is 1 and will hold up her fingers with the correct number
She is getting better about singing the alphabet song with me and I could understand more and more letters lately
Her favorite song is "I Love To See The Temple" (the teple)
 I'm sure I could go in and on, but those are the few things I could think of right now.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

That is pretty good! She'll get to the point where she is talking so well and she'll be correcting you! Trust me it happens.